Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on Project Three

In the post below, I will be answering nine questions in order to reflect on Project Three.

Worm That Turned. "Peacock." May 7, 2011 via Wikipedia. Public Domain Dedication.


1. What specifically was revised from one draft to another?

I revised the direction of my draft. I included more of my own commentary than before and made it an actual argument.

2. Point to global changes: How did you reconsider your thesis or organization?

I reconsidered my points I was making. I changed the content of my subheadings but kept my general structure.

3. What lead to these changes? A reconsideration of audience or purpose?

The changes were due to a reconsideration of purpose; at first, I didn't really think about my purpose or direction of my draft but after revising I did.

4. How do these changes affect your credibility as an author?

They help my credibility because I have a clear purpose and direction in my draft now; my argument is more logical and understandable.

5. How will these changes better address the audience or venue?

The audience will be able to better understand my purpose and position with my revisions. Also, By revising, I keep my audience more in mind and direct my argument to fit that.

6. Point to local changes: How did you reconsider sentence structure and style?

Because my genre is so informal, I tried to keep my sentences relatively simple and understandable. I tried to avoid academic word choice and tried to keep my information concise.

7. How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?

By changing my structure and sentences, my draft will appeal to all audiences. Because of this, anyone can understand my position and purpose.

8. Did you have to reconsider conventions of the particular genre you're writing in?

I did not really have to reconsider the conventions because I've been writing blog posts for thirteen weeks now and my genre is a blog post.

9. Finally, how does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer?

The reflection process always makes me realize how much my draft grows through revision. Also, it helps me understand how I have grown as a writer. I also feel by admitting a first draft is never perfect, I am able to edit and reconstruct to have an eve stronger final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment