Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

In this blog below, I will be providing a link to my "longest paragraph." I will also be explaining what I had to analyze in my paragraph and what the analysis taught me about my writing.


Hasanber. "Magnifying Glass." May 27, 2015 via Wikipedia. Public Domain Dedication.

Within the paragraph, I was asked to identify six different parts of speech, three different sentence patterns, one subordinate word group, two sentence structures and two sentence purposes. The link to my longest paragraph analysis can be found here.

This exercise taught me I do not vary my sentence structures very much. It was hard for me to find three different patterns. In addition, I use a lot of simple and a few complex sentences. In the future, I could vary my structure by including more compound sentences and maybe a few more complex sentences. Mainly, I want to focus on varying my structure in order to make my writing more interesting and less redundant.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't access - so I can't assign points until I have access to the Google Doc.

    ReplyDelete