Saturday, October 24, 2015

Audience and Genre

In the post below, I will be deciding what audiences I want to target with my public speech and where I would like to publish my work and research.


ClkrFreeVectorImages. "Fleur-De-Lis." October 2014 via Pixaby. Public Domain Dedication. 

Audience One

For audience one, I want to target those in opposition to GMOs. My public speech act will be discussing how GMOs are not necessarily bad and could even be beneficial to our society. I want to target people opposing GMOs because I will be providing counter arguments to refute their opposing views.

Genre One

I would write my public speech act as a tabloid article and publish it in an online magazine.

Examples

Here is an examples of a tabloid article posted in Whole Foods magazine.

Here is another example of a tabloid article posted on IflScience.

Genre Two 

Another genre I could use for audience one is an argumentative essay and publish it on some sort of forum.

Examples

Here is an example of an argumentative essay published on Chegg.

Here is another example of an argumentative essay posted on a personal blog.

Audience Two

For audience two, I would focus on people who do not really know anything about the GMO debate. If I target this audience, I could make my public speech act more general and include both sides of the controversy.

Genre One

I could create an informative powerpoint and publish it on a public forum or as a pdf on Google. This way, people can learn about the GMO controversy visually.

Examples

Here is an example of a powerpoint of GMOs published on ShareNet.

Here is another example of a powerpoint published on ShareNet.

Genre Two

For genre two, I could write an informative essay and explain the GMO controversy. I could publish it in a magazine or as an article on a forum.

Example

Here is an example of an informative essay published on Custom Writing.

Here is another example of informative essay published on WordPress.


No comments:

Post a Comment