Friday, October 16, 2015

Reflection on Project Two

For Project Two, I peer reviewed Morgan's essay and Kelly's essay. In the post below, I will be answering questions from A Student's Guide to reflect upon my first draft.



Chief Trent. "Red American Kitten." March 1 2006 via Flickr. Public Domain Dedication.

1. Do you have an identifiable thesis? Does it point to the specific rhetorical strategies you analyze in your essay, or are you merely using vague terms like ethos, pathos, and logos?

I have an identifiable thesis in my essay. It points to the authors use of logos to effectively present her argument; I could revise it to include specific logical techniques implemented by the author to make my thesis a little stronger and less general.

2. How have you decided to organize your essay? Does each paragraph have a central point that is supported with evidence and and analysis?

I organized my focusing on a different rhetorical strategy in each body paragraph. I began my essay with a general introduction and concluded my essay by explaining how effective each technique was in presenting the author's argument. Each paragraph in my essay does have a central point and explains the rhetorical strategies used by the author to present her viewpoints.


3. Did you clearly identify and analyze several important elements of the text's rhetorical situation and/or structure?

In my essay I was able to clearly explain and identify rhetorical strategies used in the article. I failed to explain the rhetorical situation surrounding the text because I decided to focus on the actual techniques to explain how the author presented her argument.


4. Did you explain how and why certain rhetorical strategies were employed? Did you discuss what effects these strategies have on the intended audience and the overall effectiveness of the text?

Yes, I explained and provided examples for how and why each strategy was in in the article. I did discuss the effects of each strategy and how it was effective or ineffective for the author's argument.

5. Are you thoughtfully using evidence in each paragraph? Do you mention specific examples from the text and explain why they are relevant? 


I used textual evidence in each body paragraph to provide examples for the various strategies used. I explained what each example provides to the article as well as the author's effectiveness. I could probably include a few more examples just to solidify my analysis; however, I still have a good amount of support.

6. Do you leave your reader wanting more? Do you answer the "so what" question in your conclusion?


I feel as though I answer the "so what" question in my conclusion because I analyze and discuss how each strategy is used. In addition, I explain how and why each technique is effective for the author's argument and how the author actually presents her argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment